Snort 2.8.4 is now available on snort.org, at http://www.snort.org/dl/For more information about the new DCERPC rules, please see:
Snort 2.8.4 introduces:
- A revised DCE/RPC preprocessor with more rule options
With the new DCE/RPC preprocessor, there will be a number of updates to the rules. Please be sure to update your rules to the latest when that package is available (next few days).
- Support for IPv6 in Frag3 and all application preprocessors
- Improved target-based support in preprocessors
- Option to automatically pre-filter traffic that is not inspected in order to improve performance
- Several other improvements and fixes
Please see the release notes and changelog for more details.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Snort Release Team